Voting Instructions and Timetable of Events
- Beginning September 1st of each year, nominations are accepted from
students who are 13 years and older and are in grades 7-12.
- One nomination per teen is allowed.
- Nominations must be a specific title, not a whole series.
- Nomination forms will be available at school and public libraries,
or can be printed from the 3 Apples Book Award website. (nominations
- Children will submit nominations through their school or public library.
- The 15 titles receiving the most nominations will be placed on the
ballot, and ordering information will be made available on the website.
READ! READ!! READ!!!
- Each teen must read or listen to a minimum of three nominated
books in order to vote.
- Promotional ideas for all nominated titles will be available on the
- Voting will take place in libraries all over New York State.
- Ballots will be made available at school and public libraries, and
can be printed from the 3 Apples Book Award website. (Click here for
the 2012 final ballots: Word
- Only students who are 13 years and older and are in grades 7-12, who
have read or listened to at least 3 of the nominated titles are eligible
- Each eligible teen has one vote, cast at either their school or public
- Voting ends on April 20th.
- Librarians will tally the votes and submit them online by April 30th.
- The award winner will be announced on the website on May 10th.
- Libraries across the state will sponsor events to celebrate the
winner of the Teen 3 Apples Book Award.
June - August
- Libraries will promote the award during their summer reading programs
- celebrating the winning titles
- Nominations will be accepted for the next crop of favorites